DEFENDING MY QB (TURK)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DEFENDING MY QB (TURK)

Post by J. ABRAM on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 12:57 am

Just had to reply to the comment made by "Eyes" regarding the play of Turk my starting QB for the Dolphins. While everyone is entitled to their opinion I wish "Eyes" would have incorporated a few more facts when talking about one of my players. Yes, Turk is not perfect and have made a few bad throws this season and loves the long ball but if you put him on a more experienced team like the Giants or Bucks or even the Yankees, with better coaching and better quality players, Turk will be one of the top 3 Q.B.'s in the league. Our blocking for him has been inconsistent the entire season and we had more than our share of dropped balls at critical times in the game. Due to lack of and poor practices period, our play calling is non-existent and our receivers never got in tune with the way Turk throws which is hard, fast , and to the area he expects you to be in based on the route (blame me the coach for that not Turk). I have often relied on BJ (Giants), who is a beast at preparing for games, for my weekly game plans against other teams while I gain more experience myself on how to lead a team from a coaching perspective.

Fact #1 Turk didn't ask to play for the Dolphins, I asked him (several times) and explained to him that our team is young with little experience and it will be a building process that will take time and patience (at times have stated his fustrations at me and other players, somewhat vocal ). I asked him to commit to one season and ride it out and in return I will commit to him. Turk is the first player at practice/games and the last one to leave. There is no player on our team that wants to win more than Turk. The Dolphins are a few seasons and several players away from being competitive in the JFK, let alone traveling. Turk deserves, at this point of his career, to be playing for a more established team that can compete for a championship, so you can understand how I appreciate him sacrificing a season to help us out.

Fact #2 Injuries have devastated the little team chemistry we had, even before the season began, the latest casualty being "Art" (starting c/b) who broke his finger intercepting a Dave Rudd pass last week. How can any QB develop any type of flow with a different lineup every single game. Jamal (starting blacking back) was lost for the season with a ankle injury 4 games ago. Fox, while a step slower, played entire season with a hamstring injury and was not as effective as a c/b but played "great" as a slot receiver where I should have played him from the beginning of the season until he healed completly. Fox, when completly healthy can be a very effective player on defense and offense. Chico, who I still consider the best snapping center in the league is still a few months from recovering from his leg injury he suffered during a semi-pro game last season(prevents him from being a passing threat, as long as he don't pitch the ball). He was advised not to play until next year but supported the team anyway playing basically on one leg. ETC, etc , etc.

Fact #3 Youth/New Players - We have a great core of young players, who like Tony Johnson (Yankees) will be around for the next 20 years. But it will take time and experience for them to get better, and thats why I will play them at anytime or any situation (ie O'Ryles, J. Nailor, Williams, Evans, etc). "Petey" L/B, out teams most valuable player, has done a great job with our defense considering all the changes that we have every game. Petey plays with heart game in and game out and that rubs off on the younger players.

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of factors that played a role in the Dolphins poor performance this season and all the blame cannot be put on Turk. Turk even played D end last game and recorded 4 sacks. How many QB's in the league have that on their resume. The Dolphins have played hard and will make it through the entire season. We never gave up.and Turk never gave up. This last game I will play our backup QB (Little Dev) for a majority of the game. Turk volunteered to play center, that's a team player. Coach John Abrams

J. ABRAM

Back to top Go down

Re: DEFENDING MY QB (TURK)

Post by K/S#19 on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 5:29 pm

well said coach

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DICK JARON JR.

Post by EYES on Fri 02 Jul 2010, 5:48 pm

J.ABRAMS YOU SOUND LIKE DICK JAURON WITH THOSE EXCUSES, YOUR NOT GONNA TELL ME THAT YOUR TEAM IS SO BAD THAT YOUR QB CANT THROW MORE THAN 4 TD'S IN 9/10 GAMES COME ON DUDE. YOU TALK ABOUT INEXPERIENCE ON YOUR TEAM, YOU GOT FRANK, FOX, PETE, ON YOUR TEAM BUT YOU DONT USE THEM. YOU NEED TO STOP COACHING AND WASTING YOUR TEAMS TIME IF YOUR COMMITED TO ONE PLAYER AND NOT TO WINNING. THATS ALL IM SAYING. .............................THE EYES ARE WATCHING

EYES

Back to top Go down

Re: DEFENDING MY QB (TURK)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top