cleveland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cleveland

Post by K/S#19 on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 7:30 am

good job Giants, losing in the finals in sudden death is no shame, great run. Also the Bucs finished second in B. Great job guys. Way to represent our area.
Sean

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Great tourney

Post by Giants#1 on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 10:57 am

Great jobs Giants and Bucs! Decent showing by Eagles and Yankees.

Killswitch not so much, maybe you guys should stop traveling and embarassing Buffalo.

Giants#1

Back to top Go down

Re: cleveland

Post by K/S#19 on Mon 16 Aug 2010, 10:57 pm

go fuk urself.

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daman on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 9:08 am

Shutup u putz

daman

Back to top Go down

Cleveland

Post by Giants23 on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 1:28 pm

Sean, while Giants#1 may be more blunt than me, there is a point to make here. We have to learn to be smarter in Buffalo when it comes to tournaments. You guys entered with 6 players and instead of combining with another local team (like the Giants or Eagles, who were short) you combined with some Cleveland players. While your team's grit is admirable, the few points you picked up will hardly make a difference for Florida. On the other hand, by playing with us or the Eagles, you would have helped either team out plus played a lot more games, gaining valuable experience for future tournaments. That's what teams from OH, MD, DC and IL do. If they don't have enough to make a quality run they combine with another local team. This makes 1 strong team instead of 2 weak ones (so when you see a team at one venue and they look ordinary, but are all of a sudden a powerhouse next time in Florida, it's because they picked up players from another team). I say this because we learned the hard way ourselves. But we have also had players join other local teams for tournaments when the Giants didn't travel. It's fine to hate each other during league play, but when we travel, we represent more than our team, we also represent Buffalo.

Congratulations to the Bucs, Eagles and Yankees for a solid tournament run. Saturday was bad enough weather wise, but the sun and humidity on Sunday was unreal. It would have been nice to bring home some hardware, but we all made strong showings and that should send a message to the rest of the country to look out for Buffalo at Nationals.

I would also like to thank all you guys from the Bucs, Eagles and Yankees who stayed around to root us on in our Championship game. We may hate each other at home, but on the road we are all family.

Giants23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 8:16 pm

#23,
I posted to congratulate your team and the Bucs team on fine performances. I am sure you appreciate the diffuculties involved with traveling to tournies. I respect mr cudney even though that was an asshole thing to say. No offense cuds, but go fuk urself. Congrats to the teams that played well and the teams that played so-so, and my teamates that traveled and thought we had ten guys turned out to be seven. At the last minute we merged w a cleveland team. oh well. I am always happy to see local teams do well in national tournies, just like you said, hate each other when we play but root for each other when we play OH or IL or MI or VA or MD. As far as merging goes, no one wants us.....blaaaaah!
thx
Sean

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cleveland

Post by Giants23 on Tue 17 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

Sean

When I posted it was never my intention to engage in a diatribe with the self proclaimed league putz, but when you falsely smear a teammate a reply is required.

You owe Mr. Cudney an apology. He is not "Giants#1". I know this because I asked him before posting this. In fact, Cuds has never been on this site. I presume whomever is posting as "Giants#1" is making a reference to the Giants winning the league, but I'm certain this never occurred to you.

Secondly, your teammates were invited on 2 occasions to join the Giants. Once when BJ posted on this site and a few days prior to the tournament when I spoke with Pete after learning you only had a handful of players. I also know that the Eagles asked at least one of your players to join them in Cleveland. I gathered from my conversation with Pete that he would have prefered joining one of our 2 teams but being the loyal teammate he declined even though he knew your team's chances were slim to none. I appreciate your congratulations and will acknowledge that you always support the local teams when they travel, both on this site and the national board. But as usual you have missed the point. I posted not to criticize Killswitch, but instead, to suggest that any team or player that does not have strong commitments from their team, but is interested in the out of town tournaments, should contact one of the current teams committed to travel.

In your team's case, even 10 players would not have been sufficient. We faced high heat and humidity which took its toll on all of the teams. Pete explained that your team was determined to earn points and therefore would go it alone. I will state again that your team's determination was and is admirable, but 0-2 is still 0-2. On many occasions in the past the Giants have also traveled with a less than desirable team and faced the same consequences. Eventually, we learned from experienced and successful travel teams, like the Bucs, and built the necessary talent and depth needed to compete on the road. I was merely suggesting that all other Buffalo teams interested in travelling should look to the established teams first if they don't have a full compliment to travel with. Besides the fact that it is a hell of a lot more fun playing more than 2 games in a tournament, players could learn the nuances of travel ball and take what they learn back to their respective teams to build excitement and greater commitment.

WNYFFL league play is a whole lot different from tournament play. Even so, I'm quite certain that the experience of playing with an established travel team would be beneficial for our league as well. We have often said that the difference between the top teams in this league and everyone else is the experience, leadership and planning the top teams have learned to master. All of our teams have talent, but what is lacking, from my point of view, is the organization necessary to be successful. The Bucs have it with Coach Gary, Derek, Hitman, James and all of their other leaders. The Giants have it with BJ and Mueller. The Eagles came into this league with the necessary leadership and were instant contenders, both in this league and on the national scene. The Yankees, while young, are building into a strong contender and are the favorites to win a National Championship in their 2nd year.

Derek and Scott have built this league from 4 teams just a few years ago to 12 this past year. The stronger our league becomes the better it is for all of the teams. The more teams we have travelling and competing at a high level means greater recognizition from the USFTL and the greater likelihood Buffalo will earn a major tournament. Teams will travel to Buffalo if they feel they are going to face a number of high quality teams. That is one of the reasons why major tournaments exist in OH, MD/DC and IL. This is also why it is critical for all of our local teams to participate in the local tournaments (June and November). Not for points, but to demonstrate to the USFTL that we have the local commitment to host a major.

My apologies for this extended rant, but I felt it necessary to not only educate Sean (if that is possible) but to share with the rest of the league my personal observations on this league and travel ball. Buffalo teams should be strong contenders to take home National Championships in 4 divisions this year (B, C, D and Masters). Accomplish this and the whole nation will be envious of Buffalo. We should work together to achieve this goal.

Iac

Giants23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary(50) on Wed 18 Aug 2010, 11:52 am

Well said in a nut shell Giants 23

Coach 50 Wink

Gary(50)

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleveland

Post by Danny on Wed 18 Aug 2010, 3:37 pm

Iac,

I appreciate your thoughts and I will certainly take your advice in the future. I thought I should just clear up a few things and logic for why we went.

Going into the week we had 14 players that were planning on traveling to Cleveland, 10 of these players were definite. Given this and the fact that BJ had already posted the Giants had 15-16 committed players I never really considered playing with you guys. While I realize 10 players is not enough to win a major, I felt we would get more playing time than if we joined an already full squad. When BJ posted his general statement about needing players he mentioned the Ballers and Steelers, I assumed had we joined we probably would not have received much playing time.

At the time we registered there was no mention of the Eagles playing and we made efforts to contact them to see if they would play with us. As it turned out, they entered the tournament. I thought we had 10 players at the minimum and since we had already registered, I figured it would be better just to have another Buffalo team in the tournament. I understand that you and the Eagles wanted Pete to play with you, but that really wouldn’t have helped the rest of the players on our team.

As we continue to search for a QB who can consistently travel, I thought going as Killswitch and allowing Andy to get some tournament experience would be the way to go. I also wanted the guys to see that when we are planning to go to a tournament, we are definitely going. If we continually say we want to go to a tournament and never go as Killswitch, the players will just assume any time I say we plan on travelling its not going to happen.

In the days leading up to the tournament we had players drop out for a variety of reasons I won’t get into here. At this point a Cleveland team offered a merge and I accepted. I thought it would be an opportunity to possibly find new talent. That’s not the way it went…at all.

I will fully admit the mistakes made were mine and mine alone but I have definitely learned. In the future if there is no money in hand I will assume a player is out. I will make the decision whether our team is in or out a couple weeks in advance so if we are not going as Killswitch, my players can play along any team that would like them. It looks as though we may only have a handful of players who are truly committed to traveling. If this is the case, we will certainly play alongside our Buffalo brothers rather than going at it alone in the future.

Again thanks for your constructive words. It is always a learning experience in football both on and off the field and the same mistakes will not be made again.

Danny - Killswitch

Danny

Back to top Go down

Cleveland

Post by Giants23 on Wed 18 Aug 2010, 5:04 pm

Danny

Great Post. It was not my intention to criticize you guys for stepping up to the plate and trying to make the travel game part of your resume, regardless of how many players you had. On the contrary, Killswitch should be commended for making this work. In fact, I want to encourage other teams or players to consider this venture, as well. The Giants know how hard it is to build a competitive and committed travel team. For this reason, I want to encourage others to join us (Bucs, Eagles, Yankees, Killswitch and Giants) in trying to bring home another championship to Buffalo. If a team doesn't have enough players to field a competitive team under their own banner, they should realize that the other travel teams that don't have a full roster would welcome their help.

By the way (for the record) we would have welcomed all of you guys , not just Pete, if you had wanted to join us in battle this past weekend.

Good luck in your future travel plans!

Iac

Giants23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 on Wed 18 Aug 2010, 6:35 pm

#23,
if its not cuds good. I didnt think he would say that. I know he wears # 1. What did I do to "smear" him exactly? lol. No offense iac but you missed the point. You thought it was cud to bcuz you posted that you were not as blunt as he was. Remember? well if you dont, just look up. Dont worry about killswitch, just worry about your own team. No offense.
thx
Sean

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cleveland

Post by Giants23 on Wed 18 Aug 2010, 6:44 pm

No Sean, I never thought it was Cudney and my post reflects that. You would see that too if you had the ability to comprehend. I am not worried about your team at all. With Danny and Pete at the helm Killswitch will be fine. You on the other hand....well, let's just say you live up to your league nick name.

Giants23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 7:56 am

fuk u 2 #23. I put in more work into that team than I care to recall. You have no fukn clue who I am or what I do. No one was fukn talkin to you when this started. You choose to butt in and offer your bullshit advice. Do you know why pete would never in a million fukn years play w the giants? you should.

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE

Post by giants34 on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 10:43 am

Ok jack ass. Its now 2 times you told a member of the Giants to F off. First of all you called out the wrong guy and second you start with someone trying to provide some insight. Actually it was a bright and articulate post. If you are such a driving force behind killswitch maybe your closed minded attitude should read again and pull out the advice. All you do is attack. Maybe a civil discussion is something you are not equipped to have. You really make yourself look like a fool over and over. Are you self aware or just dont care. Just remember its not always smart to burn bridges. I can only hope you are healthy the next time we all play. Its a shame a guy like Danny who represents your team has to put up with your shit. I guess you must contribute behind the scenes bc its not on the field. I will jump back on in 10 mins for your insult filled diatribe which will be void of any real substance. Danny thanks for keeping your post articulate and poignant. Mueller34

giants34

Back to top Go down

Cleveland

Post by Giants23 on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

I have no doubt that you do contribute to your team Sean and I'm certain your teammates really appreciate those oranges at halftime.

Giants23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sean #19

Post by DAMAN on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 11:56 am

Dont forget Sean is also a fluffer at halftime for his team.

DAMAN

Back to top Go down

WTF

Post by hlywd7 on Thu 19 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

K/S#19 wrote:fuk u 2 #23. I put in more work into that team than I care to recall. You have no fukn clue who I am or what I do. No one was fukn talkin to you when this started. You choose to butt in and offer your bullshit advice. Do you know why pete would never in a million fukn years play w the giants? you should.

Havent come on this board in awhile, but I heard there was some good shit on here. Looks like Sean is bad mouthn us?? Ukebelli was trying to be nice to you and you tell him to f off. And why wouldnt Pete want to join a winning team? Does he want to play for only losers? Im really interested in heaing the response.

hlywd7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sean

Post by Da MAN on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 11:45 am

i dont know why you Giant players even care what that moron Sean says. Losers are always hating on winners. Screw him

Da MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ32 on Fri 20 Aug 2010, 1:40 pm

LOL..great banter, more importantly Iac really got it right...hate inside the 716 area code and support outside of it, really that simple...as for travel, I did mention the steelers and ballers by name as they do not travel as yet and have talent that could help any team that does, anytime killswitch is not travelling you guys are welcome to join forces with us if we are, i will say playing time is tight, but anyone that has travelled knows you need 25 bodies to be ready in order to truly contend for the title, and there is no room for complaining about it as it only interferes with the lone goal of winning it all...now lets focus on that golf outing sept 25!!! good times!!! BJ#32

BJ32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FA#2 on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:18 am

Gotta say youre wrong on this one Sean my man. 23's post was well thought out, well said and how most of us feel about travel. Its essential to support each other at these tournaments for buffalo and possibly a future major. You dont really understand it until youve truly expierienced it meaning multiple tournaments and actually going for it. Of course we wanna beat each other and be the best locally but I dont think its ever personal. This post is not personal but i get the sense u will find a way to make it that way. The way to represent buffalo is not by going on the national site and saying things that dont reflect the good will, heart and fight we give at these tournaments. So if u wanna congratulate one congratulate all. Because truthfully u slighted the eagles and yanks and then got upset when you were slighted. We all put it out there that wknd and speaking for the eagles being short staffed, new players, and still went and represented ourselves and the town well. We learned alot and thats whats its about for the future. And yes it neverhurts to hop on another team. Speaking of that...I know general consesus is that the eagles wont open the doors to new talent. This has changed. The eagles past and present have had the goal of a national championship and have taken new measures to obtain this goal. Cleveland was the beginning. Players that have wanted to play in the past and future are welcome to to come compete for a spot. Including mine (good luck with that). This is a team. We are building a team. We only need team players. Me guys need not apply. The goal is states in preparation for florida and beyond. Get at me if interested. Hit me on the eagle fb pg. ****How do u dudes do all that paragraphing and stuff..damn i need help with that...lol [center]

FA#2

Back to top Go down

Post by K/S#19 on Sun 22 Aug 2010, 9:10 am

#2 its never personal. Even when guys make personal attacks on this board. I didnt mean to slight the yanks or eagles. I started this thread simply to compliment the teams that did outstanding in cleveland. It has devolved into this. I apologize to Iac and Cuds. No offense to either one of you fine gentelmen. I was responding to a comment by someone who ATTACKED MY TEAM. I was defending the guys who tried to go to cleveland with disasterous results. I would also like to clarify, I dont speak for Pete Harding. It's simply my opinion that he wouldn't play for the giants. If you know the history there you know why. Hollywood if you want to know why, the next time you see me I will tell you. All you have to do is ask. Good luck to all teams. No insults, no trash talk. Now I can assure you that this post will bring some anonymous attacking comments. I wont respond to those, just wanted to clarify my position.
thx
Sean

K/S#19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top