A whole lot of fun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A whole lot of fun

Post by PeteH15 on Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:23 pm

6 very good teams vying for the WNYFFL championship! It's been a great season! One of the most enjoyable and competitive that I can recall in a while. What a change from where flag football was just 4 or 5 short years ago.

You've got the Giants, who can't seem to lose anywhere, unless their in Orlando. They also have several of the best and most respected players in the country at their respective positions (also some of the most cocky and reviled) Eh, ya have to take the good with the bad right.

The Bucs, who are trying to put everything back together to the glory days of their former national champion selves and making some strong additions to their tight knit (albeit long in the tooth) core to remain competitive and a true threat to whomever they line up against.

Blackout, who are definitely a whole lot better, and tougher than their record and most of their tournament finishes would indicate. One of the best teams that come together and play as a team anywhere (that is when they decide to all play together as a team).

The Yankees, another area national champion, who if could get more consistent at some key positions in games and reduce the level of cockiness to just confidence, would achieve even more success than they already do. Knowing their opponent and game planning is definitely their strong point.

Team KillSwitch has a great blend of young players and seasoned (and in some instances, extremely weathered) veterans. They've proven they can win against the best teams. They nearly beat the Giants and the Bucs in regular season play, but suffered huge upsets to Team USA and their nemesis, the Yankees. Experience, believing in themselves more consistently, and consistency at key times at key positions will be their formula for getting to the next level.

Team USA, like the Giants, has some of the best players in the country at their respective positions (not to mention best looking in dry fit jersey's and under armor underwear. Who knew that qualified as acceptable football wear). A force to contend with no matter who they play. Need less predictability and better adaptability to the teams they are playing in order to get over the hump that has been up to this point, mostly self inflicted.

Who wins this season's championship? I have no idea. I leave that to Capper and the Bookie.

Why did I post this? Maybe it's because I wanted to thank every single person. player, coach and fan for doing everything they could, every single day, week, game day and tournament they can to make Buffalo one of the best and toughest damn flag football towns in the country. Dude, I f%$^ing live for this s%$^. The fact that all of you are getting better and doing everything you can to get better, and beat the crap out of each other just gets me that much more pumped to play every week. It makes me even more proud to say I'm a part of WNYFFL.

Maybe it's because this forum has been a huge part of what makes this league what it is and except for a few notable exceptions, this year's forum has been about as tepid and generic as it can get, and I'm trying to do my part to infuse a little fire into this thing. Hell! It's playoff time! Get fired up! You know everyone single one of you come on to this site and forum looking for something interesting and entertaining to read and ultimately talk about. Their ain't no pictures to look at of yourselves for at least another year, so those of you who know how to write and have a computer, contribute Mother F#@$ers!!!

Maybe, it's just because.

It's been a pleasure fellas. From Dana's grille, to the loyal Endzone crew, to the coaches, Brian Perry, Mr. Mason, the female fans (especially the female fans), Bookie, Capper, Gary Long, Derrick Floyd, Bookie, Capper, Commish Floyd, every player, every fan...this is our league...no, check that, this is our family! Thank you.

PeteH15

Back to top Go down

Re: A whole lot of fun

Post by Coach 50 on Mon 09 Jul 2012, 8:15 pm

Thanks very much PeteH15 for your great post. Cool
It's been my pleasure to coach againts all the teams. cheers

Coach 50

Coach 50

Back to top Go down

Post by SBauer on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:20 am

Weathered huh? It ain't the years Pete , it's the miles and your odometer is pretty close to six figures too !

P.S. I haven't been earholed in over 10 years , you were going to get nothing but air. Shameful that you were eyeballing the kicker though. cheers Dusty is back, hit him. cheers

P.P.S. I do miss these weekly walls of text . Thanks for bringing them back. That is all. I am going out back now to sharpen up all the rough edges that have "weathered" smooth.

See you on the field
Scott

SBauer

Back to top Go down

Well said

Post by Nard50 on Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:14 pm

Nicely put Pete.This league has come along way,this season was very entertaining.I want to give a shoutout to my teamates the Mighty Buccaneers.It is my pleasure going into battle every week with my bros win or lose.Now it is put up or shut up time,playoff time baby.I want to see everyone have a good and injury free playoffs.To my big bros Team USA to my lil bros Yankees,Giants u r my nemisis but i give ya the upmost respect espescially Bubba we have went to war on numerous times on JFK battlefield.And what can i say Killswitch can't sayto much about u guys right now until after r game i have a friendly wager on the game with a couple of members of the dogpound.Good luck to all teams involved, o can't forget to give Blackout a shoutout Turk,DJones,Mike and company.Well Dirty Bucs nowis the time to show all nay sayers we are here for a reason,we to old we washed up lol that only motivates us, just make way for one of the greatest franchises ever assembled The Dirty Bucs. Big Nard #50 all day everyday.

Nard50

Back to top Go down

Mostly You

Post by PeteH15 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

How'd you know I was talking about you Mr. Sensitive Smile. It wasn't just you though. There are a few other guys on the team that are even more grizzled than you if you can believe that!

What are you talking about miles on the odometer!?! If how many times I've run down the field on kickoffs over the years counts for anything, than hell yeah, I'm definitely approaching Buddhism!lol. Other than that, dude, I just had my 26th birthday. You are so old!

You forget, I've played with you for too many years and know just how many times you have been "earholed". "Earholed"!?! What the hell kind of term is that anyway!?! I can't figure out if that's from the 20's or just a Clarence thing. I think you've just blacked all of them out with the tyrades you immediately slip into after you someone torques off on ya Wink.

As far as going after the kicker, Dusty is pretty safe from now on...haven't you heard!?! I'm a Raider this JFK season! As far as the other kickers, if your on the field, you always risk getting flattened lol.

I'm not sure they make a sandpaper coarse enough to be able to sand those smooth, weathered edges into anyything even remotely close to what could be considered sharp. You might want to try some diamond grit or...I don't know...asphalt...that might work Wink.

Thanks for contributing Scott. Good luck this weekend. See you there.

-Pete

PeteH15

Back to top Go down

Thanks!

Post by luvfans on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 12:38 am

Everyone on this site talks about the games and the players which is what its for. BUT...does anyone notice the fans?? The same people who are out there week by week?? Whether it be the Dog Pound, family members or just people who love the game. I need to send a long over due shout out to the girls who are there every week on the sidelines!! Especially Cudney's sis who has been there for years..she comes out every week and also travels to all tourneys including Florida with a cooler that is wide open to everyone who needs a drink! It may be a bottle of water, gatortade or a beer, but she has it..(she even feeds us sometimes!) not only does she support all teams (yeah we know who her fav is..BO!!) But...no matter what, she not only has drinks, she watches our kids, cleans up the sidelines, and takes care of us all! So..THANKS TO THE BEST FOOTBALL FAN EVER!!!! (If you don't know who she is...go and introduce yourself...bet she asks you if you want a drink!)

luvfans

Back to top Go down

Post by dbish2 on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 1:20 am

Yea what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

dbish2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by realsean on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:49 am

Ya heard....better recanize...well said and 100% true.
Sean

realsean

Back to top Go down

YA

Post by REALSEAN on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

I love when my " friends" are there watching me. I know I can show Pete, Larry, Glenn, and the other guys how I can move Laughing .

Hey since I have no game to get ready for this weekend, I dont have to go to bed at 8pm, so Im going to see Magic Mike if anyone else wants to go, let me know I love you I love you

REALSEAN

Back to top Go down

Post by GMEN1234 on Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:28 am

I DO I DO!!!

I have a game the next morning :/ but we do team bonding the night before a game anyways... Like a dinner and movie, along with working on fitting 4 of my teammates fingers up my a$* because I can never get the CAPPER's o/u line with the over at 3 1/2 fingers.

So maybe you would like to hang out with a few of us GMEN, the 3x champs! and work with us on getting to 4 up my backside?!
all this after dinner and a movie (magicmike)

GMEN1234

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum